for less than $200.00
Wheelchair Ramps that are a ‘kit’ for a simple DIY wheelchair ramp construction project. The wood and bolts can be purchased from a home center store. Nearly anyone can easily build straight residential ramps for home access in less than two hours. This inexpensive option is an alternative to purchasing an aluminum or a custom contractor-built ramp. Our kit ramps are also a very cost effective solution for temporary requirements. The Wheelchair Ramp Options tab above takes you to other pages for Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Design, Construction, and Portable ramps. All handicap wheelchair ramps can be made to meet ADA compliance.
- Designed to use pre-cut lumber and bolts purchased from a Home Center store. In most cases, even ramps that are exposed to the elements do not need ‘treated’ wood. Untreated wood will last outdoors for 10-15 years. Call us if you are considering using treated wood for your ramp, even for outdoor use. Non-slip surface treatments are covered in the construction info that is included with each ramp kit order.
- Watch our construction video by clicking the thumbnail below;
- No measuring or cutting because this is an assembly project. So almost anyone can build wheelchair ramps.
- You can build straight wood ramps up to 16 feet long in 2 hours. Total installed cost for a 10′ ramp would be about $200. Contact us on how one person can build a ramp that is ‘sectional’, to address ramp needs of nearly any length.
- Inexpensive wheelchair ramps that can be a permanent or temporary solution for patients going through a Rehab program.
- Wheelchair Ramp Construction Plans and Designs including Straight, 90 degree turns, Walking ramps, Sectional and Doorway Threshold ramps.
- Hand Rails are a simple and low cost option to add. They are used for people that have trouble negotiating steps. Free hand rail construction plans are included in our ramp construction documentation.
- New Sectional/Modular Ramps – construction information is now available so that one person can make a ramp in sections to be as long as desired. The entire ramp can be built off site and hauled to jobsite for quick assembly. More information is on the Construction page under Ramp Options. Call to request a free document to see how you build the vertical supports to connect the ramp sections together. See the testimonials dated 7.15.15, 8.10.15 and 11.14.15
- Our ‘kit’ ramps contain heavy gauge aluminum top and bottom brackets. that will not stain your porch or sidewalk. Our kit includes:
- Detailed step-by-step construction plans.
- A complete list of materials and tools needed for your project.
- Design guidance located under ‘Ramp Options’ tab at the top of this page and telephone support.
We know the questions to ask to advise you of the ramp design and proper length for your unique situation before you purchase anything. We invite you to take advantage of our wheelchair ramps expertise at no cost or obligation. You may call 913-553-1488, 7 days/week.